The blocks started life in 2012 when I was over in the UK, on holiday from New Zealand. I had recently done some circle blocks in The Anzac Bee, here and here, and loved how they turned out. I duly packed what was done in my suitcase when I returned to NZ but never worked on it again! Finally decided to pull it out of my rather large WIP pile and get it done. It required 2 more blocks which I made and then pieced them altogether. I have decided that this will be a charity quilt which will be donated to a baby/child/teen who is in hospital or in need in another way. I loaded it on my frame for some more practice and worked a loop de loop pattern all other the top. It was only when I took it off the frame that I realised I should have worked the pattern closer to the applique parts or even straight over them. That's the problem when things take so long to finish - you change your mind several times in the process!
This is my second finish in the Finish-Along Q3.