I played along a few times in 2015 with the Finish Along hosted by Adrianne from On the Windy Side. It was great motivation to get things finished ...... and blogged about!
Quarter 4 finished up on New Year's Eve and I did pretty well, by my standards. I had put a rather optimistic 20 on my list at the start of October and by the end of December I had finished 12, 2 were no longer required, 2 were worked on but not yet finished and 5 were not even touched!! So there are going to be some roll overs and some new projects for the first quarter of 2016.
Here it is - my list for the Finish Along 2016, Quarter - publicly stating my intentions in the hope that it will motivate me to get some finished!
4. This quilt is being rolled over AGAIN :( It was made in the first Quilting Bee I was part of and I really want to get it finished. I think I have now had enough practice on the longarm machine to quilt this as I would like. Fingers crossed for this quarter!
6. Project Linus House Blocks - another project being rolled over! These blocks were collected from Festival of Quilts and need to be pieced together and quilted.
7. My studio blind didn't get touched last quarter ...... so here it is again!
8. A quilt for my daughter - initially she was having one for her birthday in September which didn't happen. Then we finalised a design and she was going to have it for Christmas .... umm that didn't happen either. So this really is a MUST FINISH.
11. My version of the Rainbow Mini Quilt Swap for me to keep!!! This is the other option.
12. Crocheted hexagons! What to do with these? I made them years ago when I was back over here on holiday from New Zealand. I loved them. Certainly didn't have enough wool for a blanket so they just sit there. What to do with them?
15. A Christmas top already pieced, from the same box of donations for Project Linus!! Yet again it needs to be quilted and bound ready for distribution.
17. Italian Houses - this was started in October 2015 at a workshop with Gillian Travis. It had to go on the shelf for a while because I didn't have the right blue for the sky ..... but now I do and I would so love to see this finished.
And this list doesn't even include the bees I have signed up for, the Farm Girl Vintage blocks that I aim to do each week, the show quilts I plan to make and of course all the other wonderful things I get tempted to try from seeing them on blogs, pinterest and IG!!! It's going to be one busy quarter but I am sure it will be a while load of fun! x
I am signing up over at Mrs Sew and Sow, although this year there's a whole group of global bloggers hosting the event.