I was reading the Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycle blog yesterday and saw that she had linked up to the 2015 Finish-Along with Adrianne at On the Windy Side. What a great idea! I have many things that need finishing, both quilts and crochet projects, so I thought I would sign myself up to. Hopefully this will give me the motivation I need to get them done.
Unfinished items to be included in the first quarter are:
1. A quilt for my niece for her 21st, which was at the beginning of December ..... Whilst I pieced the top in three days I've been stumped with what to back it with. Nothing suitable in my stash or in local shops so will need to get my thinking hat on.
2. A quilt for my daughter. I started making this one from her old brushed cotton pyjamas when we were still living in New Zealand - we've now been back in the UK for 2 years! I have the backing, some new brushed cotton quilting fabric, and the wadding so no excuses really.
3. This is a quilt my daughter started when she was 5 - she turned 10 last September. All that is required is to attach the binding and show her how to sew it on by hand. Surely this can be a relatively easy finish?
4. This was my first quilt made via a Virtual Quilting Bee, The Anzac Bee and I love it. Being relaltively new to quilting I just sent out the fabric and said a block with hearts on - no design brief, no sizing, in fact no criteria at all. I wanted to see what everyone came back and I loved them all, but what I received back were all different sizes and shapes. I didn't feel confident at the end of the Bee to tackle it so it sat on my shelf for a while until I was able to lay them all out and make the necessary filler blocks. It has been pieced together now since August 2010. I didn't know how to quilt it because of the variety of blocks, patterns etc but I think 4 1/2 years on the shelf is long enough and I just need to get it done.
5. A crochet ripple blanket that is my current project and was only started in November - a far more respectable time scale!
6. A crochet bag that was started so long ago I would hate to admit it. It has travelled from the UK to NZ and back again ..... twice! I can't even remember where the pattern was from but I have everything there to finish it.
If I managed to get these 6 items finished, along with other projects started, before the end of March I would be delighted. So here goes! x