I have really enjoyed playing along with the Finish Along again this year - it really does motivate me to get projects finished and there's always a finish in there that goes back a looong time!
I recently linked up all my Quarter 1 finishes and now here's the rather long list for Quarter 2 ....
The rolled over projects first:
3. My studio blind didn't get touched last quarter ...... so here it is again!
5. Crocheted hexagons! I now know what I am doing with these and actually bought the cushion inner last quarter. Have to decided exactly how they will become a cushion cover and make it!
6. A Christmas top already pieced, from the same box of donations for Project Linus!! Yet again it needs to be quilted and bound ready for distribution. Maybe if I keep adding it to my list it will be done in time for Christmas!
7. Italian Houses - this was started in October 2015 at a workshop with Gillian Travis. It had to go on the shelf for a while because I didn't have the right blue for the sky ..... but now I do plus I have the wadding for inside. Now all I need is the time!
8. EPP hand pieced hexagons - this is going back a long time. I finally got them all pieced the quarter before last but then shelved it again. This quarter I am going to make it into something!
Project Linus items to finish:
UPDATED 03/06/16 No 12 this is now completed and can be seen here.
UPDATED 13/06/16 No 13 this is now completed and you can read about it here.
UPDATED 15/06/16 No 14 this is now completed and you can read about it here.
UPDATED 16/06/16 No 15 this is now completed and you can read about it here.
16. Hearts for Project Linus - in the new year I put a call out for heart blocks for Project Linus and lots came in. It's now time to get these made up into tops. I'm not sure how many there will be in the end!
And onto new projects started since January:
17. Pears - from a workshop with Gillian Travis. This will be made into a wall hanging.
20. Back to Front - this started life as a pieced backing but had a life of it's own! With a little bit more work it will become a quilt of it's own, probably for my niece.
21. The alternate quilt for my daughter - having decided she didn't want a bloack a dn white (when it was half finished) we have, together, decided on a feather quilt. This is a very new project so will probably roll over into next quarter but if it's on my list it's on my mind!
22. Purse for my daughter - she has requested a zippered purse with a pocket for her library card - I think I can oblige!
24. Summer top for me
Phew that's my longest list yet!! Even if they don't all get finished, which in truth I probably won't, it has at least clarified what I want to make in my mind. Dressmaking has taken a real back seat lately and I would love to get back into the habit of making clothes for the girls ... whilst they still want them!
Are you playing along? There are still a few days left to get your list made and link up. I am linking up at Mrs Sew and Sow - hopefully see you there!