Finishing things seemed to go by the wayside last year so I have decided to get some motivation back by joining in with the Finish Along again. Just looking at my photo files, I see that I first joined this community back in 2016 and it really did get me finishing things - fingers crossed it will work again this time.
The link up closed last Friday and I very quickly photographed projects to hand and linked up via Instagram,but I thought it would be good to have record here swell ..... for accountability! Now this certainly doesn't represent all my WIPs and UFOs but as some are now in storage since our move I can conveniently forget them. I was still able to find a dozen projects without looking to hard so that's what I have listed!
1. EDITED 27/01/19 - this is now complete, to read more head over here!
A quilt for Project Linus - this is my first quilt that I have pieced on my longarm and I am using a new pantograph to quilt it
2. Farm Girl Vintage - this was started way back when and still only totals 6 blocks! This isn't a realistic finish but if I could just make some progress on this I will be happy ....
Action required: makes LOTS of blocks, piece, quilt, bind!!
3. Tumbling Spools with white background - I couldn't decide which background to use so have started two Tumbling Spools quilts as part of a the #tumblingspoolsqal with The Crafty Nomad
Action required: make blocks, piece, quilt, bind
4. Tumbling Spools with coal background - as above
Action required: piece, quilt, bind
5. Teeny tiny piecing project - this is going to be yet another rainbow project! It was inspired by making my first block as part of the #scrapbustingsewalong with Sugar Bowl Crafts ....
Action required: make 6 more blocks, piece, quilt and bind
6. Teeny tiny piecing #1 - this was the first time I had sewn so small and I loved it - mini quilt or cushion cover?
Action required: finish piecing, quilt and make into something!
Action required: bind and use!
8. Thistle blocks from the Fancy Forest QAL18 - which I totally fell out of love with and decided to use the blocks I had made in stand alone projects - I think this will become a table runner ....
Action: piece, quilt and bind
9. UKTQB - I have made some inroads on getting this top pieced but then the move put paid to any more work on it - I would LOVE to get this finished this quarter!
Action required: filler blocks to be made, piece, quilt and bind
10. Puffins wall hanging - this was started in May 18 in a workshop with Catherine Nicholls and has not been touched since ....
Action required: apply pointilism, quilt and bind
11. Improv Quilt - this was pieced last year and has been waiting for its time to come to be quilted - I have quilting ideas in my head and it's just a case of working its way up the queue!
Action required: quilt and bind
12. Black & White Sampler Quilt - these were test blocks from my Christmas 18 QAL last year - not sure whether to sash or not ....
Action required: piece, quilt and bind
There you have it. It all sounds so simple when it's typed up in black and white but that thing called life does have this way of sneaking up on you and derailing best laid plans!
Are you taking part in the Finsh Along? What motivates you to get older projects finished or is the lure of a sparkly new project just too much?!! x